St. Mary’s Playgroup has been part of the Charlton Kings community for over 40 years, originally at St. Mary’s church hall and now at the Brotherhood Hall.
The spacious hall is very well equipped with plenty of room for varied and stimulating learning experiences such as water and sand play, construction, table-top activities, plus a large home corner. The playgroup also has a large outdoor play area equipped with a slide, ride-on toys and even a garden where the children can grow fruit and veg etc.
There is a warm friendly atmosphere with very experienced staff. In May 2013, St. Mary’s received a very good OFSTED report praising many of the outstanding aspects of the provision we offer. Read the OFSTED report (Ref: 101598) in full here.
- To create a happy and secure environment in which your child can explore, play and learn.
- To promote consideration and respect for others.
- To improve and develop listening, language, mathematical, personal and social, knowledge and understanding of the world, physical and practical skills.
- To improve your child’s ability to concentrate on a given task.
- To help your child become socially aware and behave acceptably in a group setting.
- To encourage your child to become independent, e.g. to put on their own coat/shoes and use simple tools with confidence.
To arrange a visit or to discuss your child’s needs, please telephone Sally Hayman, the playgroup manager, on 01242 260080 between 10 am and 12 noon.